Emergency Medicine Jobs in Washington
Wednesday · August 23, 2017
1 Job in The Evergreen State
Photo: Yachts docked at Elliott Bay in downtown Seattle.
The annual salary for this job depends on experience.
This permanent emergency medicine job (Roseburg) is from a hospital-owned practice.
- Our physicians enjoy a competitive salary that is determined by a Physician Compensation Panel based on Qualifications, Education and Commensurate with Experience.
- This position is located within the Emergency Department and the incumbent will be providing emergent medical treatment and personal care services to ill and injured Veterans.
- Computers skills require moderate typing skills necessary to complete medical history and physicals, entering progress notes, consults, prescriptions, lab and x-ray orders, and ability to navigate an electronic medical record to check reports on a daily basis for accuracy and completeness, locate and approve patient results via electronic signature, and reviewing patient information located in the computerized patient record system.
- You must be a United States citizen and hold an unrestricted medical license from any state, territory or commonwealth of the United States.
- It is 79 miles to Diamond Lake at the summit of the Oregon Cascades and just 20 miles more to Crater Lake National Park.
- Roseburg is situated at the heart of the Hundred Valleys of the Umpqua in scenic, Southwestern Oregon.
- If you would be interested in exploring a practice in the VHA.
- Winters are cool without much freezing and provide most of the rainfall that brings blossom-filled springs.
- Emergency Medicine Job in Roseburg, OR.
- Candidate must be computer literate as we utilize a computerized patient medical record.
- Roseburg enjoys one of the lowest average wind velocities in the United States.
- Traveling by State Highway 38/138 or 42, Roseburg is about 80 miles inland from the Pacific coastal communities Reedsport and Coos Bay.
- A warming trend begins in April and May, continuing into the summery days of July and August.
- Typical workweek is 40 hours, Monday-Friday schedule.
- While providing all of the amenities of a larger city, Roseburg still offers the relaxed atmosphere of a small town.
- A Relocation/Recruitment Incentive may be authorized.
- The Physician selected will be devoted to providing quality patient care.
- Golfing, fishing, hiking, camping, skiing, and beach combing are all within easy access.
- Physicians earn 26 days of paid annual leave (vacation) starting their first year and may accumulate up to 86 days.
- Fully integrated state of the art Integrated Electronic Medical Records (EMR) network with centralized patient registration and billing.
- VA Roseburg Healthcare System is recruiting for a Physician board certified in emergency medicine, internal medicine or family practice.
- One of the nicest things about Roseburg is its seasons.
- Also earn 15 days of sick leave each year (unlimited accumulation) and in addition enjoy 10 federal holidays with pay each year.
- Highway 138 continues east from the city along the North Umpqua River.
- The summer humidity is low and snowfall is rare on the valley floor.
- Participation in the VA Education and Debt Reduction Program (Edrp) may be available for Physicians with student loan balances.
- Fall weather is pleasant and crisp, producing brilliant leaf colors in late October.
- The VHA offers an attractive comprehensive Federal Benefits Package that includes: full malpractice, life insurance, health (portable for life after 5 years), thrift savings plan (401K) with employer matching, and participation in the Federal Employees Retirement System which has a Defined Benefit Plan "Pension" vested after 5 years,
an unmatched work/life balance, and much more!
- The normal growing season is 217 days.
- On Interstate 5, it is 67 miles south of the state's second largest city, Eugene, and 123 miles north of the California border.
- Extremes of heat and cold are rare.
- The Hundred Valleys of the Umpqua have been compared geographically and climatologically with Italy and Southern France.
- Practice evidence based medicine in a high-tech environment without the hassles of high malpractice premiums and associated overhead costs!
- Nestled in the forested Umpqua Valley, Roseburg offers unlimited recreational opportunities among lush forests, cascading waterfalls, and ocean beaches.
This perm job opening was posted
6 days ago